Welcome to the website pages of the IATEFL ES(O)L SIG.
We are an IATEFL Special Interest Group interested in ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages), run by a Committee of volunteers.
We provide news, events (PCE days, Conference Days and Webinars) and produce a newsletter – sign up to follow our website now and see what we do.
A message from our Co-ordinators!
Dear ESOL SIG members,
It is a great honour to be the ESOL SIG coordinators working with our wonderful committee to bring together an international network of passionate ESOL teachers. Our SIG is diverse, dedicated and dynamic. It comprises teachers working in various contexts from refugee camps to higher education colleges to privately funded charities. We aim to address all of your very particular needs. This web site along with our Facebook page, Twitter, newsletter, PCE day and webinars are all ways that we want to provide resources to help address the challenges that all ESOL teachers face.
We look forward to working with you and hearing from you!
– Lesley & Oya
The benefits of being part of our Special Interest Group:
- a regular newsletter, including articles from well known practitioners in the field of ES(O)L
- updates about the ES(O)L SIG work on the IATEFL Bulletins
- a discounted rate to attend our annual Pre-Conference Event
- a discounted rate to attend the annual IATEFL Conference and option to submit a proposal to speak
- the option to apply for scholarships to attend IATEFL each year
- exclusive access to the collection of monthly IATEFL webinars with leading ELT professionals
Join us now!